Friday 5 February 2016

Moving On

On Thursday 4th February, I had a meeting with one of my lecturers, Chris Jane, to discuss the issues I've had with movement, and about the upcoming presentation that will be presented on Monday 8th February. This presentation will be an update of my work to the lecturers of the course. I will discuss what has gone well the project so far, what has gone awry, and what my next steps should be.

While I had intended to overcome the foreach loop I was struggling with, as mentioned in my last post, Further Movement Issues, and wrap up basic AI, I was recommended to move past those, and start implementing the A* Pathfinding Algorithm into my project. While I did some light research into into it at the beginning of the project, I still have yet to wrap my head fully around it.

My next step will be to conduct further research into A* Pathfinding, and attempt to grasp the basics of it. This will hopefully be implemented into the project with a couple of weeks at the most. Following this, I will prepare for my presentation, which will include a revised timeline for the project, as I feel there are aspects of the project that were not prioritized correctly, and as I have fallen behind by a couple weeks, will need to be re-ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment